We are providing you Important Short Tricks on Time & Work Questions which are usually asked in Bank Exams. Use these below given short cuts to solve questions within minimum time.Time and Work shortcut tricks are very important thing to know for your exams. Competitive exams are all about time. If you know time management then everything will be easier for you. Most of us miss this thing. Few examples on time and work shortcuts is given in this page below. We try to provide all types of shortcut tricks on time and work here. We request all visitors to read all examples carefully. These examples here will help you to better understand shortcut tricks on time and work.
To make the chapter easy for you all, we are providing you all some Important Short Tricks to Time & Work Questions which will surely make the chapter easy for you all.
Mantra to Crack Time and Work Questions
1. Work from Days:
If A can do a piece of work in n days, then A’s n days work is=1/n
No. of days = total work / work done in 1 day
Days from Work: If A’s 1 day’s work =1/n then A can finish the work in n days.
2. Relationship between Men and Work.
More men ——- can do ——-> More work
Less men ——- can do ——-> Less work
3. Relationship between Work and Time
More work ——– takes——> More Time
Less work ——– takes——> Less Time
4. Relationship between Men and Time
More men ——- can do in ——-> Less Time
Less men ——- can do in ——-> More Time
5. If M1 persons can do W1 work in D1 days and M2 persons can do W2 work in D2 days, then
6. If M1 persons can do W1 work in D1 days for h1 hours and M2 persons can do W2 work in D2 days for h2 hours, then
7. If A can do a work in ‘x’ days and B can do the same work in ‘y’ days, then the number of days required to complete the work if A and B work together is
8. If A can do a work in ‘x’ days and A + B can do the same work in ‘y’ days, then the number of days required to complete the work if B works alone is
Sample Questions –
1. Shambhu is twice as good as workman as Bablu and together they finish a piece of work in 18 days. Find the total number of days in which Bablu can finish the work.
a) 27 days
b) 54 days
c) 56 days
d) 68 days
Answer: Option B
Explanation:- As per question, Shambhu does twice the work as done by Bablu. So A:B = 2:1. Also (Shambhu+Bablu) one day work is 1/18
To get days in which Bablu will finish the work, lets calculate work done by Bablu in 1 day =(118 ∗13 )=154. So Bablu will complete the work in 54 days
2. Ritu can complete a piece of work in 5 days, but with the help of her son she can do it in 3 days. Find the time taken by the son alone to complete the work.
a) 7.5 days
b) 13 days
c) 11 days
d) 9 days
Answer: Option A
Explanation:- In this type of question, where we have one person work and together work done. Then we can easily get the other person work just by subtracting them. As,
Son’s one day work = (1/3 −1/5 )=(5−3/15 )=2/15
So son will do whole work in 2/15 days = 7.5 days
which is =7.5 days
3. Two pipes can fill the cistern in 10 hr and 12 hr respectively, while the third pipe can empty it in 20 hr. Simultaneously, if all the pipes are opened then the cistern will be filled in
a) 7.5 hr
b) 8 hr
c) 5 hr
d) 10 hr
Answer – (A)
Explanation:- Work done by all the tanks working together in 1 hour.
⇒ 1/10+1/12-1/20=2/15. Hence, tank will be filled in 15/2= 7.5 hour.
4. Mr. Chawla is on tour and he has Rs 360 for his expenses. If he exceeds his tour by 4 days he must cut down daily expenses by Rs 3. The number of days of Mr. Chawla’s tour programme is
a) 28 Days
b) 24 Days
c) 22 Days
d) 20 Days
Answer – (D)
Explanation:- Let Mr. Chawla under takes a tour of x days.
Then, expenses for each day =360/x
x=20 and −24
Hence, x= 20 days.
|Number of days|
required to complete the work
|Work that can be done per day||Efficiency in Percent|
Now let’s solve questions with this trick
A take 5 days to complete a job and B takes 10 days to complete the same job. In how much time they will complete the job together?
A is twice as efficient as B and can complete a job 30 days before B. In how much they can complete the job together?
A tank can be filled in 20 minutes. There is a leakage which can empty it in 60 minutes. In how many minutes tank can be filled?
⇒ Efficiency of filling pipe = 20 minutes = 1/3 hour = 300%
We need to deduct efficiency of leakage so final efficiency is 200%. We are taking 100% = 1 Hour as a base so the answer is 30 minutes.
⇒ Efficiency of filling pipe = 100/20 = 5%
⇒ Efficiency of leakage pipe = 100/60 = 1.66%
⇒ Net filling efficiency = 3.33%
So tank can be filled in = 100/3.33% = 30 minutes
You can find more tricks like this in quantitative aptitude section.
Comment below in case of any query, I promise to reply within 24 hours.
4 men and 6 women working together can complete the work within 10 days. 3 men and 7 women working together will complete the same work within 8 days. In how many days 10 women will complete this work?
So 10 women can complete the job in 100/20 = 5 days
A and B together can complete a task in 20 days. B and C together can complete the same task in 30 days. A and C together can complete the same task in 30 days. What is the respective ratio of the number of days taken by A when completing the same task alone to the number of days taken by C when completing the same task alone?
⇒ Efficiency of A and B = 1/20 per day = 5% per day ________________1
⇒ Efficiency of B and C = 1/30 per day = 3.33% per day______________2
⇒ Efficiency of C and A = 1/30 per day = 3.33% per day______________3Taking equation 2 and 3 together
⇒ B + C = 3.33% and C + A = 3.33%
⇒ C and 3.33% will be removed. Hence A = B
⇒ Efficiency of A = B = 5%/2 = 2.5% = 1/40
⇒ Efficiency of C = 3.33% – 2.5% = 0.833% = 1/120
⇒ A can do the job in 40 days and C can do the job in 120 days he they work alone.
⇒ Ratio of number of days in which A and C can complete the job 1:3.