In this article, we will discuss about SSC Stenographer Job Profile, Salary and Career Path.
Staff Selection Commission has released its recruitment notification for Stenographers. For all of you who have cleared your higher secondary certification, here is a chance to work with Government of India. SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017 invites application for Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ posts. The last date of application is 15th July 2017. Before you apply, you might want to know what the job is about. In this article, we tell you everything you should know about SSC Stenographer Work Profile, Salary, Pay Scale, etc.
If you are looking for a job in the governmental sector, you can apply for SSC Stenographer posts here.
SSC Stenographer Work Profile
Staff Selection Commission recruits Stenographers in various offices under Government of India. Furthermore, these posts are under two Grades – C and D.
- Stenographer Grade C candidates get work mostly in Delhi at Ministries/Departments of Central Government.
- Stenographer Grade D candidates are grouped under Group X and Group Y.
- In Group X, Stenographers work in Departments of Central Government located primarily in Delhi.
- In Group Y, Stenographers work in Departments of Central Government located throughout India.
There are also specific duties that SSC Stenographers have. These duties make up the job of Stenographers in Central Government. The SSC Stenographer Work Profile Duties are:
1. Speech Writing –
Stenographers, first of all, work with assigned senior officers and note down any speech given by the officer.
2. Press Conference Briefing –
Stenographers also attend press conferences along with assigned officer or minister.
3. Minister/Officer Assisting –
Another work for stenographers is to assist the assigned officers and ministers in preparing speech.
SSC Stenographer Work Schedule
If you worry about rigid schedules, SSC Stenographer job will relieve you. SSC Stenographers, most of all, have a proper work schedule. there are no shifts or extra work hours. In fact, work for Stenographers begins in the morning and ends by evening. Specific details are given once you are recruited.
SSC Stenographer Grade C salary and allowances
|(ii)||Grade Pay||4200/- (Pay Band 2)|
|(iv)||Total Pay (i) + (ii )||14500|
SSC Stenographer Grade D salary and allowances
|(ii)||Grade Pay||2400/- (Pay Band 1)|
|(iv)||Total Pay (i) + (ii )||7600|
As a Stenographer you will also be entitled to the following major allowances like :
- DA on Total Pay above
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
SSC Stenographer Work Profile – Future Promotions
Now you are working in Government organization. Will you work on same pay all over the years? the simplest answer is NO way. Hence all of us need promotions as we grow and our experience grow within the organization.
Below is the career growth and promotions in SSC Stenographer posts.
- Working as stenographer, will give you an immense opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Promotions in Stenographer post is on experience basis so as your experience grow your salary and other responsibilities will grow.
- Also there will department exams for promotions, so if you pass those exam you will get an edge over other employee in promotions.
- As you post will get higher your salary will grow upwards (career growth)