SSC CGL Job Profile: All Posts posts along with Salary, Work Timing, and Chances of Promotion.Staff Selection Commission (SSC) an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries, Departments and Subordinate Offices. SSC conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” categories posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. Every year, lots of candidates apply for the CGL exam.
1) About SSC
2) Various exams Conducted by SSC
3) About CGL
4) Posts under SSC CGLE
5) Detailed Job profile of all posts in SSC CGL
6) Eligibility Criteria
- Physical Standards
7) Scheme of examination (Tier 1, Tier2, Tier3)
8) Syllabus (Tier 1, Tier 2)
9) Previous year Cut off
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Cut off marks for interview posts
- Cut off marks for Non-interview posts
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a GOVT OF INDIA organisation to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices
Various exams Conducted by SSC
SSC Conducts the following exams.
(a) Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) for posts of Inspector in IT/Central Excise/Dept of post, SI in CBI, Assistant, Divisional Accountant, Auditor, UDC, Junior Accountant, UDC etc.
(b) Combined Higher Secondary level examination
(c) Sub-Inspector in CPO (BSF,CRPF,CISF, ITBP,SSB)
(d) Section Officer (Audit & Commercial)
(e) Junior Engineers Examination
(f) SSC conducted exams for recruitment to FCI, Prasar Bharati in 2013
The Commission holds Combined Graduate Level Examination, for recruitment to different posts for which a Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum requirement. The Examination will comprise of two Tiers written Objective Type examination followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/Skill test, wherever applicable as per the Scheme of Examination notified.
Posts under SSC CGLE
Posts have been placed in two groups, Group – B (Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed) and Group – C (Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is NOT prescribed), based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. The pay scale for the posts under Group – B is Rs9300 – Rs34800 and for Group – C it is Rs 5200 to Rs 20200. Posts have been categorised into two groups based on the pay scale and the papers in Tier -II.
Post for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed:
Assistant : For Ministry, Department or Office of – Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Vigilance Commission, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), AFHQ, other Ministries / department / organisations
Inspector: For CBDT, CBEC, CBI, Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue, Department of Post and Central Bureau of Narcotics
Divisional Accountant: For Offices under CAG
Statistical Investigator Group II: For Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation
Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is NOT prescribed:
Auditor: Offices under C & AG, CGDA, CGA and others
Accountant / Junior Accountant / Upper division Clerk: Offices under C & AG, CGA and others, Central Govt. Offices and Ministries
Tax Assistant: CBDT, CBEC
Compiler: Registrar General of India
Sub Inspector: Central Bureau of Narcotics
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, EastAfrican Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
(a) Statistical Investigator Gr II: Max 32 years
(b) Assistant in CSS / Tax Assistant(CBEC): 20 – 27 years
(c) Assistant in IB: 21 – 27 years
(d) Assistant Enforcement Officer / SI in CBI / SI in NIA: Max: 30 years
(e) SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics: 18 – 25 years
(c) All Other posts: 18 – 27 years
SC/ST – 5 years
OBC – 3 years
Physically Handicapped (PH) – 10 years
PH + OBC – 13 years
PH + SC/ST – 15 years
Age relaxation is also available for applicants in certain additional categories: Ex-servicemen, Central Government Civilian Employees, and Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.
Candidate should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate
(i) Compiler: Graduation (Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject).
(ii) Statistical Investigator Grade – II : Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(iii) All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
FOR POST OF INSPECTOR (CENTRAL EXCISE/EXAMINER/PREVENTIVE OFFICER)
Physical standards (Minimum)
- Height 157.5 cms.
- Chest 81 cms. (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cms.)
- Height relaxable by 5 cms. In the case of Garwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Scheduled Tribes
- Walking: 1600 metres in 15 minutes.
- Cycling: 8 Kms. In 30 minutes.
Physical standards (Minimum)
- Height 152 cms.
- Weight 48 Kgs.
- Height relaxable by 2.5 cms; Weight relaxable by 2 Kgs. for Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese and Members of Scheduled Tribes
- Walking: 1 Km. in 20 minutes.
- Cycling: 3 Kms. in 25 minutes.
THE POST OF SUB-INSPECTOR IN C.B.I.
- For men – 165 cms.
- For women – 150 cms.
- Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribals: 5 cms.
- 76 cms with expansion (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)
- Eye-sight (with or without glasses):
- Distant vision : 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
- Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
Scheme of examination
The CGLE is conducted in 3 Stages
Tier – I Written Examination (Objective MCQ Type)
Tier -II Written Examination (Objective MCQ Type)
Tier -III Personality Test/Interview/Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
(Wherever Applicable )
|Part||Subject||Maximum marks||No. of questions||Time alloted|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours for General and 2hs40 min for VH candidates|
- Tier I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and Englishin respect of Parts A, B and C.
|Paper number||Subject||Maximum marks||No. of questions||Time alloted|
|I||Quantitative Ability||200||100||Each paper 2 hours for General and 2hs40 min for VH candidates|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Note: Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.|
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer
- The cut-off for the interview is fixed on the basis of total marks scored in tier-I & tier-II
Tier 3:1. For posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed, the Personality Test / interview will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): FOR THE POST OF TAX ASSISTANTS (Central Excise & Income Tax): The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
Previous year Cut off
|Cut off marks of Tier I|
Tier 1 + Tier 2:
Cut off marks for interview posts
|Cut off marks (Tier I + Tier II) for interview posts (Other than Statistical Investigator)|
Cut off marks for Non-interview posts
|Cut off marks (Tier I + Tier II) for all non interview posts only|