Directions (1-3) : Choose the word which is most nearly the SAME in meaning as the word given in bold as used in the passage.
2. WOES .
Directions (4-6): Choose the word/group of words which is most OPPOSITE in meaning to the word given in bold as used in the passage.
Directions (7-11) : In each sentence below one word has been printed in bold. Below the sentence, five words are suggested; one of which
can replace the word printed in bold, without changing the meaning of the sentence. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
7. The group of people burnt the effigy of the lawyer as a mark of their irritation.
8. Despite the unpleasant incidence, the manager didn't nurture any animosity.
9. Equal pay for substantially equal work' is the situation even in public sector banks these days.
10. We don't mind performing any job however tedious it may be.
11. He appeared so naturally effervescent that everybody stood up and greeted him.
Also Read :